The region has well rooted Carnival tradition, and various locations in the Algarve host lively carnival processions such as Loulé, which continues to organise one of the country’s largest Carnival parades.
Visitors also have the chance to participate in Carnival festivities and animated processions in Altura, Paderne, São Brás de Alportel and são Brás de Alportel.
In addition to traditional allegorical floats, the festivities include processions of giant figures wearing large masks, samba groups, bands, plenty of music and entertainment.
- Altura (Castro Marim) - 25/02 and 26/02
- Loulé - 25, 26 and 28/02 - Av. José da Costa Mealha
- São Brás de Alportel- 26/02 - Avenida da Liberdade, 15h00
- Mexilhoeira Grande (Portimão) - 26/02 and 28/02 - 15h30
- Paderne (Albufeira) - 26/02 and 28/02 - Ruas Principais, 14h00
Find more information at:
- Algarve February Events Guide